Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Freqency change approved

well I've been a pilot for more than 2 months now and i think it is finally beginning to sink in. It has been a long time since I've posted anything to my blog and i have been waiting for a free hour or so to get my thoughts in order. i really have no excuse though. I've just been a little lazy posting since this initially was a training blog, and well..... i haven't been doing any flight training..... since i have gotten my ASEL license I've only been doing local flights and some short x-country's. i have been very busy with school trying to finish up my degree and have not been flying as much as i should. my training, for now, has been put on hold. come December 13th (graduation) i will begin actively pursuing financing for the rest of my ratings through the initial CFI.

lately it seems i have been flying about once a week or so and will keep that up until i get some $$ for the rest of my training. on these once a week flights i have been racking up some x-country time. i usually go over to St. George or Apalachicola via the coast. dog island is a fun stop, but its not quite the required 50NM straight line distance to qualify as a x-country flight towards my ratings. of course i have also been doing a few local flights, taking 45 minute trips around the city at night (which the girlfriend loves). i try to take a friend up with me every time and so far that has not been a problem. over all though, i prefer flying up and down the coast. we are only about 15-20 minutes north of the gulf here at KTLH. so its close, and i enjoy flying at 500ft above the water skirting the coast line while rocking the wings for the kids on the beach waving at me. I can remember having the roles reversed when i was young. i would always try to wave at the planes flying over head hoping that they would see and acknowledge me.

well that's it for now i guess. i will try to stay motivated about updating the blog, but without much training going on for the next month or so it will probably just be pictures or something. i have a flight to Apalachicola planned for this weekend. there is a seafood festival going on so I'll be sure to take some pictures. until then.....

~yoman out

No comments: